What makes ISO wine tasting glasses so popular?
- The ISO tasting glass is recognised worldwide as the standard shape for wine tasting.
- They are used all over the World by wine educators, connoisseurs, vineyards, sommeliers and merchants.
- They are mostly relevant in occasions where small samples are poured (50 ml) which is sufficient for analytic wine tasting.
- The ISO glass brings the necessary 'constant' to evaluate wines' 'variables'.
What are ISO wine tasting glasses?
International Standards Organisation or ISO wine glasses are recognised internationally as the standard design for tasting. The rounded bowl and narrow sides allow the wine to be swirled easily without any spillage. The rim helps contain all the delightful aromas and enhances the appreciation.
These glasses are scientifically designed to be used across a broad range of styles, you can sample all wines from just one glass- ingenious!
ISO tasting glasses are used for a professional, comfortable and confident wine tasting experience. Tasting is a demanding activity and therefore needs the appropriate glassware.
Why are ISO wine tasting glasses so popular?
We could list a thousand reasons why these glasses are so popular however we thought we should only mention the top reasons (contact us for more):
- High resistance to breakage.
- Reinforced stem anti-abrasion.
- The easy to hold stem prevents your hands from warming the bowl.
- Dishwasher safe – we know this is an extremely popular reason as it saves the time spent washing glasses by hand!
- Suitable for red, white, champagne and sparkling wines as well as fortified wines and spirits
- Suitable for WSET examination training, wine events, wine competitions...